The summer is coming, which means that it’s time to break out your favorite work outfits! Whether you’re headed to the office or just want to look good on the weekend, here are some of my favorite picks for what to wear during this season. Summertime does not make getting dressed for work particularly simple. While adhering to the professional dress code, you want to wear something that will keep you comfortable during your commute, warm in your chilly office, and carry you from your desk to outdoor cocktails. That’s a big ask. You might expect an unpleasant morning routine if you take into account the fact that many of us are already sluggish on the way back into the office. We asked 18 ladies from different industries to discuss what they like to wear when temps start to climb to help you feel good about your work “fits” and to make your week a little simpler.
Add an Unexpected Twist to your Classic Workwear
- Wear a statement necklace.
- Wear a pair of statement earrings.
- Add a colorful scarf (or even a cape).
- Throw on some fun hats and accessorize with a statement bag!
- Incorporate a pair of brightly-colored pants into your wardrobe.
- Bright colors will make you stand out, so don’t be afraid to use them!
- You can wear them with a neutral top and accessories, or go full-on color block with an all-in-one piece like leggings and tights that coordinate with each other.
Reach for an Ultra-light Blazer in the Summer
A light cotton blazer is a great layering piece. It can be worn over a tank top or T-shirt, and it’ll add some interest to any outfit without being too loud or distracting.
If you’re looking for something dressier than your usual workout clothes, try this blazer in black or navy blue. You can pair it with anything from jeans to leggings to shorts it’s an easy way to add some color and style without breaking the bank!
If you are looking for a summer outfit that’s both stylish and functional, then choose an off-the-shoulder top. This type of top is perfect for any occasion and can be worn in any season.
One of the most popular ways to wear this type of clothing is with a scarf or wrap around it. You could also add some jewelry such as earrings or necklaces if you’d like to make your overall look even more stylish!
Wear a Breezy Midi Dress with Sneakers
When it comes to dressing for the summer, you don’t have to be a fashionista. You can do so much better than that! Just wear some comfortable clothes and sneakers or flats (or even sandals) with your dress. This will give you the look of being ready for anything but still looking stylish.
Here are some great ways to style this outfit:
- Wear a breezy midi dress with sneakers or flats; make sure they match each other!
- Wear heels if you want a more formal look; add strappy sandals if going casual won’t work for your personality type!
You’ve probably heard the old saying, “Don’t wear white after Labor Day.” Well, that’s not exactly true. It’s more like don’t wear white before Labor Day. But with summer coming up fast and you’re looking for a good workout outfit, there are some ways to avoid looking like an old lady (or worse yet: a corpse).
Whether you’re wearing wide-leg pants with a dressy top or a casual top, wide-leg pants look great with any outfit! You can even pair them with jeans if you want to break away from the traditional style. And because they’re so versatile in terms of what they’ll go well with, it’s important not to shy away from statement pieces when choosing workout clothes you never know when something will come in handy later on down the road!
Change up your Workwear Routine
If you’re looking for a little extra pizzazz, consider adding some fun, unexpected accessories to your workwear routine.
You can amp up any outfit with a scarf or statement necklace or both!
Add flair by wearing a hat on top of your head or even as part of an entire look. You could also try pairing your work wear with jewelry: bracelets and necklaces are great ways to add personality without overdoing it (and they don’t have to match perfectly).
- Wear a button-down shirt as a mini dress when the temperature rises.
- Layer a cardigan over your workout gear for added warmth and to keep your outfit from looking too casual.
- Add leggings underneath the skirt portion of this look for extra coverage and comfort, or wear them underneath if you want to go for something edgier than the usual tight tights look that most women usually choose when working out in shorts or pants in summertime temperatures (which can often be too hot).
- You can also pair this look with sandals instead of heels; just make sure not to wear them too high since there will be no point in wearing these shoes if they’re not going anywhere near your calves!
- Look for bright colors and patterns in unexpected places like your tailored trousers.
The summer dress is a staple in many women’s wardrobes, but you can make it stand out. Look for bright colors and patterns in unexpected places like your tailored trousers. For example, you might choose to wear a patterned blazer over an all-black outfit that makes an otherwise plain outfit pop!
- Stay cool and stylish.
- Mix up your wardrobe.
- Add a pop of color to your workwear.
- Wear a blazer in the summer.
- Wear accessories to add interest to your outfit. Try adding buttons or rhinestones, or wear one of our colorful scarves as a headband.
So there you have it, some of the most popular women’s work outfits in 2018. We hope that this list has inspired you to create your unique style and look great while doing so!